My Favourite Lemon Cake Recipe

Photo by Alexandra Golovac on Unsplash

Hi and Assalamualaikum my dear readers!

It has been so long since my last post. I hope everyone is doing OK! For today's post, I am going to share about my favourite lemon cake recipe. Whenever I want to bake a lemon cake, I always follow this recipe: Lemon Cake Recipe from The Cooking Foodie

You can click the link above to learn how to make a lemon cake. The recipe works really well but I have never added yogurt/sour cream into my lemon cake so far. I think it would be better with it and maybe I'll try to add it next time.

Other than lemon glaze as mentioned in the above video, I also like to make condensed milk buttercream/Russian buttercream. 


The ingredients for this buttercream are:

1. Unsalted butter

2. Condensed milk

3. Lemon juice


I don't have an exact measurement for each of those ingredients, but I believe the ratio of 1:1.5 of unsalted butter to condensed milk would be good :) For the lemon juice, I just add it according to how sour or citrusy I want it to be.


Instructions:

1. Whip the unsalted butter until light and fluffy.

2. Add condensed milk, half at a time while mixing at medium speed.

3. Add lemon juice and mix until combined. Do not overmix!


There you go, have your cake and eat it! That's all for today. Bye! :)

2 Comments

  1. This sounds so good and looked so easy to make! I'll definitely try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. singgah sini sat ^^ & follow dari http://www.thefox.my/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment